01604 210 979
Adoption and Special Guardianship
Charlene practices exclusively in children matters, covering all aspects of private and public children’s work in the family field. Charlene began her practice in both crime and family; her mixed practice has equipped her with knowledge of the crossover between the criminal and family jurisdictions. Charlene conducted her last ever criminal case in the Court of Appeal.
Charlene has experience in representing local authorities, parents, interveners, related parties, children’s guardians and competent children at all stages of care proceedings. She appears before all levels of the judiciary, including in the High Court and Court of Appeal. Her work in this field includes:
• Fact finding hearings comprising serious non-accidental injury (‘shaken’ baby allegations, multiple fractures and multiple bruising).
• Fact finding hearings involving sexual abuse allegations.
• Re-litigation/challenge to historic findings.
• Drug and alcohol abuse, including FDAC proceedings.
• Mental illness or learning difficulties, including when the client is represented by the Official Solicitor.
• Representation of young clients.
• Serious domestic violence.
• Chronic neglect.
• Removal from jurisdiction.
• High conflict cases (parental alienation and malign influence).
• Appeal hearings.
Public Access scheme:
Charlene regularly accepts instructions under the Public Access scheme.
University of Sussex (2008)
BPP London (2009)
Family Law Bar Association
What our clients are saying
Charlene takes a dedicated approach to all of her cases and has a reputation for representing clients with passion and conviction. She has a fierce tenacity in the courtroom and has been described as an “impressive advocate” with an “astonishing command of her case”. Her knowledge, preparation and organisation of papers has been referred to as “exceptional”.
Re Z (A Child: Committal Proceedings)  EWFC B5