Adoption and Special Guardianship
Samantha Dunn is an experienced and established family law practitioner that has specialised primarily in care proceedings. Samantha provides clients with frank but sensitive advice enabling them to make informed decisions throughout the duration of the case. Samantha thoroughly cares about the work that she undertakes and will often go ‘above and beyond’ for the benefit of her lay and professional clients. She is a tenacious and persuasive advocate adept in both negotiation and court room advocacy skills.
She has experience representing a number of Local Authorities, Guardians, parents and other interested parties / intervenors in cases involving:
• Serious non-accidental injuries (fractures – including baby-shake cases, bruising, sexual abuse cases);
• Physical and sexual abuse of children and / or adults;
• Fabricated and/or induced illness;
• Female Genital Mutilation;
• Chronic neglect, emotional and psychological abuse;
• Drug and alcohol abuse (including FDAC proceedings);
• Adults or children with learning difficulties and / or disabilities;
• Domestic Violence / Domestic Abuse (including honour-based violence);
• Special Guardianship;
• Child arrangements disputes, including intractable contact disputes and alienation;
Samantha is qualified to accept instructions on a Direct Access basis.
University of Derby (2007)
University of Nottingham (2008)
Family Law Bar Association
What our clients are saying
Samantha is renowned for her no-nonsense straight-talking approach. She has excellent client care skills and will provide clients with firm but sensitive advice to ensure they are equipped and empowered to make the right choices throughout their litigation.
T (A Child: Fact Finding)  EWFC B115 (12 September 2014)
NCC v L & Anor  EWHC 4828 (Fam) (21 July 2014)