Adoption and Special Guardianship
Samantha Reddington is an experienced child law practitioner specialising in public law proceedings. Prior to her call to the Bar in 2015 Samantha was a solicitor specialising in children’s cases since 1999.
Samantha became a member of the Children Panel in 2002. During her practice as a solicitor Samantha was up until 2010 a partner in private practice (Legal 500 top tier firm Borneos), where she headed the Care Team across all 3 offices and the Family team in Bedford.
From 2010 until her call to the Bar, Samantha practised as a freelance advocate specialising in public law proceedings.
Samantha is adept at challenging evidence including medical expertise from all disciplines.
Samantha acts on behalf of local authorities, parents, children’s guardians, competent children and intervenors in a wide range of cases:
• Serious non-accidental injury
• Fabricated and/or induced illness, including hospital intervenors
• Female Genital Mutilation
• Sexual abuse
• Concurrent criminal proceedings
• Human Rights Act claims arising from public law proceedings
• Chronic neglect
• Hearing impaired families
• Drug and alcohol abuse (including FDAC proceedings)
• Adoption including adoptions with international elements
• Special Guardianship
• Domestic Violence
• Child arrangements disputes, including intractable contact disputes
Thames Valley University (1995)
Family Law Bar Association
Z (A Child), Re  EWFC B13